Sunday, October 10, 2010

Undercovers - Devices

I might have approached Undercovers with the wrong attitude last week. I may have been too worried about reviewing it to actually enjoy it. This week I sat back, relaxed, and actually like it. Well, not exactly liked it liked it in a LOST kind of way. I just didn’t think I totally wasted 40 minutes of my day. Good enough right?

Here’s the thing. The show has its light touches, which I enjoy. If it were taking itself too seriously it would be committing suicide, but by presenting itself as a mockery, sexy piece of entertainment it just saves its day. Bare in mind though that you’re walking down a thin line here, one misstep and you’re out… I’ll be watching you!

***

I forewarn you, this episode starts and ends with sex, double ding ding! Also the title is “devices” so the jokes this week will be on all things technological widgets with which Steven is apparently obsessed, but I’ll do my best to skip on those.

The back-story kind of intrigues me, although I’m still strongly adverse to this one episode storylines. Gotta have the big season enemy, that’s how it works Show! I’m not talking Rambaldi. Rambaldi was a sham. I’m more along the lines of Sark, just someone whom you learn to love and hate and mostly would like to see naked until the big season finale and showdown. That’s called a climax J.J. and you are not taking advantage of that legit figure of speech. You should know better!

But I digress. The back-story we were talking about. Well there’s a psycho Shane Dawson in a mental institution. Mental institutions freak me out no matter what. Shane Dawson is a bipolar genius and he’s kidnapped from it in order to break a code that will let the bad guys into the CIA database, hence letting them in on the identities of all agents. That’s bad. Oh wait a minute. Does this mean that Flunkman gets killed?? Now I think I suddenly like bad guys’ plan! Anyhow Shane Dawson is a freaky eyed lil’ dude and he pops them right out for candies. So bad guys are bribing him with jelly beans. Sweet!


The animosity between the humping Blooms and Baldie is ongoing but it’s getting old y’all!!! Baldie steals Abs’ breakfast and they have a catfight, then Abs threatens Baldie and they have a catfight. So forth.

A boring side-story on the catering business and the stupid sister mishandling a funeral is chipped in. We. Don’t. Care.

And then unfortunately Flunkman appears. In a silky PJ the color of vomit. It is actually stated that it is 96% silk, and Abs adds: 4% Lady Gaga. This kind of humor makes me reappraise Vampire Sucks.

The operation so begins and Dimples makes his glorious entrance. In a slutty bar they discover the identity of the bad guys who let them right to where Shane Dawson is working the magic. Abs takes the lead and encourages Leo to follow him like in Budapest. Classy! I missed the references to previous missions you know nothing about, which leave you on the edge of your seat longing to know what comes next. This wasn’t exactly the case thoguh, cause Budapest was probably not that entertaining from what I gather, but I appreciate the chemistry this move creates. Of course Syd and Dixon were better at it.

After climbing a 20 storey high building from the outside with bare hands.


Extremely believable.

And a couple of gunfights later (bad guys were doublecrossing), the sexy trio recovers the laptop that was supposed to be the codebreaker and the silverfox bad guy (as described by Dimples) runs away with Shane Dawson.

Marry-go-merries return to their kitchen, laptop in hand, and here is a development I liked. They had actually failed. No excuses been made. Our leading people just plain sucked. That seldom happens. Baldie points out that the laptop is useless by itself and the Blooms, using a security camera that magnifies 1 gaziollion percent in HD, discover who Shane Dawson is by a hospital bracelet on his wrist, thus understanding that he is in fact the codebreaker. DAN DAN. I care to point out that Abs is actually using a macbook. Let’s talk about being cool Dimples!!

The Blooms have to make it up for their tragic error so they load up the van and go to Germany. They break into Silverfox headquarters and they’re so smooth they’re discovered in 5 minutes. Sam is held at gunpoint and Abs comes to the rescue on a white horse. Not quite but I would have loved to see that! Shane Dawson freaks out and gets hold of a gun but Abs shoots Silverfox in the shoulder and the day is saved.

This is the right moment for some slapstick comedy so while Dimples shoves Silverfox in the CIA van he smashes the door on his face. And then we get suddenly intense when Abs asks Baldie if Shane Dawson is going to be given medical treatments by the American Intelligence only to have access to his talent, just like the bad guys. How thoughtful. Baldie responds “have a nice day agents Bloom” so that obviously means “yes”.

BAM. The Blooms are in bed and they’re making devices jokes, so over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment