Sunday, October 17, 2010

Marty McFly (still) is the man of my dreams

Is there something wrong with me? It’s Saturday night and I’ve been asked out by a few different groups of friends. I denied myself. Actually I was kinda scared that if they were going to invite me along more insistently I wouldn’t have been able to fend for my rights.

Don’t get me wrong, I love my friends. I’m an outgoing people’s person. But I’m just not that much into going out. Tonight for example I was perfectly contempt with staying at home with my parents in my PJs watching AS Roma play Genoa – and we won, eff them we won – while licking my fingers from a saucy mozzarella, tomatoes and raw ham pizza.
I went out with my girls this afternoon, we hung out, I got back at 8, so I’ve had my fair share of social interaction. I don’t feel compelled to get crazy late after dinner and sweat my ass off in cluttered, noisy clubs. I mean I like to let lose occasionally but it’s not my ideal timekiller. Am I missing out on something I will only be able to do at this stage of my life? That I have yet to figure out.

I usually spend most of my nights at football practice. Three times a week I get home at 11.30 pm, exhausted and hungry. To be honest with you when the opportunity presents itself to spend a whole evening at home, like during the weekend, I seize it!

Maybe I can make an exception if you’re taking me to a good movie, but otherwise I have fun minding my own business in my room. Taking care of my job’s public relations, reading my self-teaching books, catching up on films and tv, and writing this blog post.
No one went ahead in this business by waiting for occasions to rain on them. You have to work hard to succeed and sometimes this means homebound time. Personality is called that because it’s personal and not everybody will understand it. Well that is fine by me. Personality is the thing that is taking me places therefore I embrace it!

Then again I get these looks from people like “You’re staying in on a Saturday areyoucrazy?????” and I just don’t get them.

The interior of my house is so much fun. I have food, a macbook, a phone, adsl and tons of books, and that’s really all I need. Thanks to a couple of these in fact I did something I found EXTREMELY enjoyable today.

That is booking tickets to go see Back To The freaking Future back in a freaking CINEMA in ten freaking days!!!!
I waited 25 long years for this. And I’m going to finely taste every single second of it. Starting statim.


Now after that kind of screening, I find it would be a good time for me to go raise hell at some rhythmic ceremonial ritual, and that is exactly what I think I’ll do, but just because I won't be able to be here!!

In all seriousness these guys' initiative is plaudible. Joining terrific fun with a good cause is inspiring and jealous inducing. I would so want to join in. And there's a dress up contest for Doc's sake. I might cry...
Check them out at @weregoingback and weregoingback.com

No comments:

Post a Comment