Friday, October 29, 2010

Festival Internazionale del Film di Roma


The first day of my first ever festival is ending. I'm riding the underground home as I write this.

And there's more to this already glorious collection of firsts. The most important and most anticipated one for a person who does my job has claimed a place in the mix, and not just any place, first, obviously!

I just came out of the press preview of "La scuola è finita", my first ever feature film. Of course you're wondering, and the answer is YES. A thousand times yes. I'm in the credits! For the first time!
And yes again, it's intense. I would have cried if someone hadn't sneaked behind my back making me feel uncomfortable. It's like you've won a little prize, though one for which no one else can compete. It's a trophy you snatch from yourself, and that's probably the greatest satisfaction!


Also in this packed day:

I watched an extremely ginormous Sam Wortington from the second closest row in this movie called Last Night. He has all the right freckles in all the right spots let me tell ya. I kind of hoped he would show up for the press conference afterwards but instead he sent forward the Brit with the grit.
While I wanted to slap her continuously on her teeth with my boot, it actually pains me to say that Kiera Knightley showed some wits, whereas, may she not be mad at me, Eva Mendes sounded like her brain was depotted and she was sent to an engineering conference. Oh she was funny, but only to herself.
I know you can't see a thing here but let's pretend you recognize Kiera and Eva in the second and third from the left respectively. Please, for me! It's my grandawesome day!!

I was in a splendid meeting with Kurosawa's Script Supervisor and AD. If you guessed anything about me and my dream job you'll know I was all over the room shushing people by dangling my disgruntled fist in front of their eyes like a Disney character.

I took part in a great protest march against financial cuts to the arts and the audiovisual market. As I'm trying to explain to the people from L.A. that I talk to, the situation here is disastrous. So disastrous the bottom of the bottle is actually above our heads.
Four thousand people walked as one on the red carpet tonight, and then sat on it for two whole hours, discussing tax credits and funds. The Kieras and Eves had to give up strutting their stuff on the parade, instead they came in from the back door and spoke about supporting the cause. That's easy to say from above your Loubs ladies!


I'm stating the obvious by saying this subject deserves its own post, so I will leave it at this for now. You guessed right, I will indeed talk politics in said post. Lower your eyebrows skeptics, that's an exception I'm willing to make for my sweet lover, Monsieur Cinemà.

Last but not least this is me in one of the happiest, most fulfilling throw onto bed ever!


Tomorrow we start it all over again at 9.00 am sharp. Alarm clock says 6.30. I say "what da---?!". Goodnight movie lovers!

1 comment:

  1. Hello,
    Nice information about film festival
    A Hollywood party theme is one of the easiest to throw. This is because, most of the props and costumes most people tend to already have.

    ReplyDelete