Thursday, September 2, 2010

Ready, set, go

I’m starting this project mainly for myself, for keeping track of the journey I’m undertaking and everything that happens along the way. This maybe my biggest experience yet and I wanna nibble on every bit of it!

Why I chose to follow this path is not a humanly describable resolution. It’s something I was born with. I am very proud of being Italian, although that maybe not the happiest statement at the moment. I feel an unconditional 27 year long love for Rome, the capital of the world, the capital of my heart. But there’s something else etched in me, something I am very thankful for, like I have a chance to live a double life.

My parallel existence started when I pursued learning English, the best fucking thing that ever happened to me. That was the opening of the Gate, the starting of the Flood. And now, many, maaaaaany moons after I’m ready to step my foot in the door and live both my lives to the fullest. I am ready to become an immigrant!!

Oh boy, how 1900s of me but that is exactly what I’m doing. I didn’t decide that the time was now, I just knew. There is really nothing here to hold me back and when I put off this journey the first time around I did it for a damn good reason, I got everything I could get out of it, I am grateful for it and it will always be a part of me. I never, ever, regretted it, not even for a moment! But now my train is stopping at this station again.
Only this time, I’m hopping on!

Cricci

No comments:

Post a Comment