Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Let me in!

I'm writing this on my cell pacing up and down the aisle in the aircraft that is taking me back to LA. By the time this goes up I will probably have been back for a while, let's say 10 days, that much Time Warner needs to come put its leeches back on me. 4 hours have gone by, 6 to go. I almost had a heart attack when I found that out. I've watched an episode of Once Upon a Time and one of Smash. Mah, and super yawn. And had a thought in between. What am I looking for in America? How is my happiness defined? I think I'm so cool that I'm pursuing this dream but in reality, squeezing all the bs out of it, what is this dream? I am alone, on the other side of the world, attempting a line of work impossibly hard to tackle. I may have been lucky in my first 7 months out here, striking all the right moves and being in the right place at the right time, and sometime I rest on the thought that I've made it. But that, my foolish self, was only the top of the iceberg. I made what? Do I have what it takes to step up the game? Do I have enough drive to face what's coming? The struggle, the loneliness, the pity parties. I don't know. What I do know is that Belle in that asylum cell will turn around any minute and start screaming "my baeiby, they've taken my baeiby". Sooo, in order to try and forget about that I'm hopping into season 5-8 of Entourage. Hour 5 of 10 shall begin.

Leaving Europe: The Alps.


Flight update, entering 7th hour, having oat bites, cheese and mild chilli flavored. Half way in my fourth consecutive Entourage episode. They just tripped at Joshua Tree National Park which reminded me that I love knowing the places movies and tv shows mention, I love being where it's at. And I also just realized I haven't had a coffee since this morning. I probably should go for one, all I've done is eating. I'm eating a shortbread cookie right now. Ok, coffee, let's catch up.

One hour from LA. Laptop battery died so I turned to a magazine on which I was merrily reading about American Pie Reunion when this hideous turbulence hit. It's. Freaking me. Out. What is it troubled air, what do you want from us? You are shaking a gigantic 10-storiesque thing. You wanna hear it?! You win, you are the bloody king of the skyes, the kong of puffy clouds. Now let us go forth! Please?! Ok, ok, I admit it, I ate a second shortbread cookie with my coffee and now they're passing with another meal. I'm a pig. Happy?! Be gone now.

Entering California: Some desert.


Obviously clouds were looming under us obscuring my view.

--
And so I'm home. Up at 5:45. We didn't crash so that's good. And I got readmitted into the United States of effing America. Just to remind me I had landed in LA I baggage claimed my suitcase next to Christina Ricci, who was wearing zero makeup thus making me look like a VS Angel after a 16 hour flight, thanks C! Her clothes were dang though. This is my mom's joke: she must have flown in Pan Am.
Also my friend HH picked me up and as awesome as she is she let me borrow her two days old iPad so I could hop online, and publish this I guess before I even called Time Warner, which I'm going to do, today. After I get in the shower and dismantle all my Christmas decorations. Toodeloo!

No comments:

Post a Comment