Sunday, May 8, 2011

Leaving on a jet plane

All is well in this neck of the wood, except I've been haunted by atrocious headaches for more than a week now... I just woke up from a THREE HOUR NAP in the middle of the afternoon, comatose, confused. Wasted a lot of precious time that could have easily been put to better use with say, packing for departing in a snap, and I still feel sick. So irritating! I thought the reason behind the sickness was Jacob period stuff, but period's over now, so maybe it’s just my body reacting to the pressure of, as above, departing in a snap. Anyway, it sucks!!

I wrote this a few days back, meaning to wrap a post and blog about the last week in my hometown, a funky town. But like Osama this purpose went kaboom. I packed for four days for Christ’s sake. They had to feed me vitamins to keep me going. Some of my neighbors called in a drug test. But like a good old fairy tale peace is restored and the world makes sense again. My THREE BAGS are ready to soar and I leave tomorrow… Hold on, seriously? Faint.

Yes, this is my last day in Rome, and it’s 6pm as I write, so there’s really not much left to it. I’ve said my goodbyes to friends, with an opulent dinner last Monday to start the celebrations and a laid back BBQ yesterday to finally hug it out. I’ve dined with family. I’ve walked across the city center by myself listening to sad songs and saying my silent goodbyes while staring at the Coliseum till I had to go away to avoid crying. I filed and painted my nails today, because that’s key to airport security right? Wrote my last review this morning and spent some idle time stalking people on facebook since it propitiates a good flight. Checked in online and bought a new pair of sneakers to sweep my way through customs. All that’s left is taking a shower in a little bit. Kind of upset this day wasn’t full of amazements but I still had what I had hoped for, a quiet time home with mom and dad, a nice Italian meal, a few laughs, lots of hugs and the charge I need to hop on that plane. The deal is sealed. I’m coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment