Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Limitless shame

Inexplicably after so many years of working with the more or less famous, self proclaimed or rather stellar celebrities, I still get all tingly inside when I’m in sight radius of one. That’s just my thing.

I may have written this before but with a dissertation on stardom and its impact on society and the economy that’s probably what you’d expect of me. Just that much predictable. My paper focused on the evolution of the star concept from the 60s through the 80s and nothing in college captured my attention more than the books I had to read to prepare for it. It may not be the most insightful subject on the planet but it gets me going like a Duracell bunny.

So much so in fact that in the 30 seconds spam after a sighting my hand instantly places itself on a camera. Whosever that may be.

Well today I met Will Tippin at the Limitless press conference in Rome, and fell pray of my own cliché. Lame I know, but here goes…


Oh who am I fooling?! I love it!!! I own it like breathing… Hugging celebrities, touching them and squeezing their special handles area is my very own high. Overtime I’ve built charts, following straight, binding, certified criteria, and I can assess pretty quickly these days after a lot of practice. I confer Bradley Cooper a round and earned B+. Toned but meaty. Tall, very tall. Great presence. Still not one of my favorites but I’m learning he's a top pick for a lot of other people. Considering the amount of comments I got on my facebook page when I posted the above pic earlier I did my mama proud today.

Let’s be honest young ladies, we women live for a little white envy from our peers every once in a while. That is also why my hand slips on the camera so quickly at the right moment and why I posted the picture on my profile in the first place. I plead guilty to the one sin.

The guy today was very easy and fun, he snapped his own pics with fans, signed a Pisa tower of papers and answered with honest humor.


This is the question I planned on asking for days and someone stole it from me, may you burn in hell. Oh well, it was whether or not he would consider going back on a TV show and which one. Of course I would have never imagined him mentioning LOST...



This one instead is a little insight on his experience with the only Robert De Niro, who costars with him in the movie and whom he once drooled on on Inside the Actor's Studio while in the audience. And you can treat yourselves to the play by play here, 11 minute mark.




I appreciate how he raised the ranks. He’s legit.
And here is my serious side taking advantage of me. Yeah it’s weird I have one. It’s a working mode. On jobs I’m never starstruck, it actually doesn’t even cross my mind even if you dangle a camera in front of my eyes. You see, there’s hope for everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment